Discovering Additional Profits for Foundries & Casting Plants.
Q.C. Designs, Inc. creates opportunities for profit improvement through productivity increases and scrap loss reductions.
T.R.P. Vacuum Tester
- The TRP (True Reduced Pressure) unit solidifies the sample at a controlled Absolute Vacuum Level.
- The tests may be made at levels from 100 Torr (-26″Hg) down to 35 Torr (-17″Hg).
- While freezing, the vacuum level is controlled to a range of +/- 0.20″Hg.
- If present, gases form internal pores and lower the Specific Gravity (S.G.).
- The full solidification process can be watched through a Vacuum Chamber window.
Q.C. Designs, Inc. manufactures products for use in foundries and casting plants including: the Dross Boss, the TRP-100 (a true reduced pressure vacuum tester) and the QCD-100 porosity measurement system.
- The P.M.S is used to quantify the results of the TRP sample solidification.
- The sample wts. in air and water are computed to yield the Spec. Grav. (S.G.).
- If the S.G. of the alloy is known, the % Porosity may then be read from a chart.
- If the S.G. of the alloy is unknown, another sample made without vacuum must be used.
- The % Porosity limit is the variable which is defined and used for process control.
“The average recovery of metal has been in the range of 50 – 60% of the weight of dross charged, with an occasional high of 70% reached. The Mercury Plant staff is well pleased with the equipment, and is expecting a rapid return on their investment.”
The Dross Boss™ in Action!
Our customers include many major companies as well as technical societies, including the American Foundry Society, the North American Die Casting Association, and ASM International.
OFFERING A NEW PERSPECTIVE
Q. C. Designs, Inc. specializes in providing an “alternate view” of manufacturing operations in metal working plants, and will bring a considerable base of experience to assist your firm.
The experience base includes production management in both non-ferrous and ferrous foundries, management of quality assurance organizations producing castings and machined parts to nuclear code standards, and materials engineering and process development in all types of metal working operations.
The assistance provided can take the form of the identification of opportunities for profit improvement through productivity increases, scrap loss reductions, or special project management services.