Remote Station Units (300 – 1,000 lb.)
The reaction vessel is loaded at the furnace and transported to an adjacent mixing station where an automatic system with a gear drive motor separates the recoverable metal from the dross. The metal may then be returned to the generating furnace as either a sow or in molten form.
- Aluminum Recovery: up to approximately 60 – 80% of metal in the dross as on-spec. alloy depending on current in-house fluxing and treatment practices
- Capacity: Process load sizes 300 lb Reaction Vessel (RV) will hold 3.2 CF of dross with a density of 95 lb/CF, process times of less than 12 minutes
- Automatic controls package, PLC/HMI touch screen operation for initiate auto cycle start mixing sequence, manual motion selection for home positioning, auto dross mixing with adjustable mixing cycle time sequence, Reaction Vessel (RV) vertical lift and lower movement by guided fork tine with electric mechanical actuator, fixed mixing head with mixing blade rotation by electric gear motor.
- Both audio and visual cycle position indications
- Adjustable variable mixing blade speed
- Guarded Remote Station Unit frame with swing interlock door(s)
- Mobile Reaction Vessel (RV) cart and frame arrangement with large diameter steel wheels with push pull handle, for easy manual movement to/from multiple furnace locations. RV frame equipped with fork lift pockets for rotation assist for the dumping of the residual dross out of the RV
- Manual drain plug removal for the draining of recovered aluminum from the Reaction Vessel (RV) collected into customer provided ingot/sow molds
Related Products: #200 Molten Return Dross Boss™, Automatic Dross Boss™ Buggies (60-150lb.), Barrel Units (10-60lb.), Hot Metal Return Units (30-300lb.), Portable Unit (35-60lb.), Remote Station Units 300-1000lb.), and the Skim Station Dross Boss™.
Contact us for more information.
810 Botham Ave., St. Joseph, MI 49085
Phone: (269) 983-6859
Fax: (269) 982-0823